Beekeeping log: Checked the main hive today and I must have somehow killed the queen because we have a queen cell in the brood. No biggie, I’ll just leave the brood alone for the next few weeks(thankfully I added the extra deep hive body on top) and concentrate on the honey “supers” which are getting really, really heavy right about now. I’ll have at least 2 frames to harvest soon and maybe more.
Checked the nucleus hive and I’ve already got a capped queen cell(meaning she’ll be emerging in a couple days) so I’m now apparently the proud owner of 2 hives of bees. They’re drawing comb there so they’re planning on making a nice size colony.
(later I find out that the queen was just hiding. I would learn much from this experience)
Leave a Reply